BATEX transforms net training and gets you fit to make big 100s! Try the free app for Android and iPhone
1. Can you put all those cricket batting tips into practice? Is your fitness and mental toughness good enough to make a big cricket score?
2. The BATEX Cricket iPhone and Android apps take you through a simulated cricket game in a net – it replicates making a one-day century and tests your fitness and concentration.
3. Click on the Android and iPhone icons below to make the free download of the cricket game simulator! Are you fit enough to complete BATEX international?
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. The App Store icon is a trademark of Apple Inc
8 Steps to using BATEX in the nets to improve your batting and fitness
1. Get prepared, you'll need: 3-6 cricket balls, sports armband, batting equipment, a coach/partner (iPhone version on left, Android on right).
2. Set up your cricket net - ensure both batting crease are clearly marked. Place a cone/mark a line at the half-way point (8.85 metres from the batting crease).
3. Make sure you and your partner place your phone in your armband once you hit play (back arm).
4. Select the level you want to complete. The higher the level the faster you have to run (can you be one of the few to complete a BATEX International century?!).
5. Select the stages you want to complete. If you do all 6 stages in one go you will simulate the physical and concentration demands of a one-day hundred.
6. Hit play! The commentator will take you through your simulated innings - telling you when balls need to be delivered, the score, field settings and what to run. Beeps will signify when you need to make your batting crease when running between the wickets.
7. Allow your friends to congratulate you when you reach those key BATEX milestones! Get Facebook 'likes' when you reach you make a 100!
8. Once your fit enough to complete BATEX Level 1 Junior (first 3 stages are free!) use the in-app purchase to unlock higher levels and continue to improve your batting specific fitness!
More about the BATEX cricket game simulation
What is the BATEX cricket Android and iPhone app?
Why the BATEX app should be used to build on cricket batting tips
How to set up your net to use the BATEX simulated cricket game
The benefits of using the BATEX Cricket Android app: make a big cricket score
Using the BATEX Cricket iPhone and Andriod apps to learn how to put technical cricket batting tips into practice and make a big-daddy cricket score!
As you know, batting training still revolves around standing still in a cricket net while bowlers repeatedly deliver balls for the batsmen to hit. These training conditions neither reflect a real cricket game nor teach up-and-coming players what is required to make a big cricket score.
A lot of coaching is given while batting in a net for 10 minutes, but add some pressure and all those intricate cricket batting tips can go out the window! A coach's batting tips can only get you so far. As a batsman, there comes a point where you need to simply experience what it's like to accumulate a big score and bat for a long time. A simulated cricket game is a good starting point and it's more fun than a normal net! Read some of the testimonials from those who have completed the BATEX batting drill.
Can you keep your batting technique when you get tired?
Increasing the fitness demands of net training also shows who the better batsmen are. Moreover, with the modern establishment of the high-intensity Twenty20 cricket game, batsmen need a better approach to their fitness preparations. The BATEX Cricket Android and iPhone apps exist to address these problems by providing you with applied sport science technology straight to your phone. BATEX changes a traditional cricket net into an environment where players can apply batting tips in a simulated cricket game.
Sport science cricket research has already demonstrated that the BATEX app replicates the physical demand of a high intensity, one-day hundred (when compared to data from real cricket games). Even better, over the past five years BATEX has been used as the 'finishing school' for batsmen at ACE Cricket Coaching (The University of Western Australia). The BATEX sessions are tough but it's a tried and tested method that overcomes some of the limitations of traditional cricket coaching and trains players how make a big cricket score
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! I hope you enjoy using BATEX :-)